Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Less than 1 Week!

Disclaimer: I have never been a blogger, so hopefully these entries will get better as I go along.

Dear friends and family,
Tuesday, May 18, I will be on a plane to Bogotá, Colombia. That's right, I'm going to South America! I will be down there for 58 days.

This trip is linked to a class/project with one of my professors at IIT. I will be observing/working some in a clinic specializing in Orthotics and Prosthetics. May 21-22 I will attend a conference on Spinal Injuries and Treatments.

My Spanish is functional, but not spectacular. That will surely change after 2 months!

I am currently packing, cleaning, and moving out simultaneously. My apartment is a crazy mess, but all the pieces are slowly coming into place. I am working out some of the details of my stay with an American woman who has been in Colombia for over a year. I will also be working with a doctor who is a colleague and personal friend of my professor.

I don't know how often I will have internet access or time to blog, but I will try to keep you all up-to-date as much as possible. If you have any tips or suggestions, please drop me a line.

4 comments:

  1. Please just be careful and come back alive!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And bring some drugs! (but not really, Big Brother. I was just kidding.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And bring back a cute cuddly jungle animal of some kind. Maybe a baby tiger?

    ReplyDelete